Promotions & Discounts
ARE THERE ANY OBJECT THAT’S NOT SUITABLE TO SCAN WITH SOL?
Objects beyond the scan range of the scanner, either too small or too big. Black, transparent or shiny object has to be sprayed powder before scanning.
Here are the list of hardware requirements:
Here are the suitable dimensions:
- Near mode scanning size is a cylinder 100 mm in diameter and 100 mm tall ( 3.9 inches in diameter, 3.9 inches tall )
- Far mode scanning size is a cylinder 170 mm in diameter and 170 mm tall ( 6.69 inches in diameter, 6.69 inches tall )
- Max scannable weight on turntable is 2kg ( 4.4 lbs or 70.5 ounces )
Objects with dark parts usually have a poor reflection for the laser beam. Consequently the object structure in dark areas can be lost. Brightly colored objects should not be an issue for the scanner.
Best objects to scan are:
- Matte, not shiny
- Opaque, not translucent/transparent
- Asymmetrical, with abundant scan alignment features
- Light in color, not black or dark